Thursday, March 28, 2013

Newest Education Design Team Member!!!

You are looking at swirlydoos.com newest education design team member!  Wahooo!!!! I am absolutely ecstatic!!! I have been squealing and jumping up and down all day long. I think my co-workers thought I was crazy.

I am so proud to have been chosen and I plan to give swirlydoos my all.

Over at swirlydoos there are various challenges hosted by members. This month the swirly girl challenge was to make a monochromatic layout where you scrap your age. You must include your age and you must scrap pictures of yourself.

At 29 I was having a difficult time with 30 looming ahead and I scrapped a LO of myself and my age.


This was me 4 years ago. I do believe this page was based on a lift. I adored these papers. they were part of a kit form an online club called  Scrapgoods.com but they no longer exist.

At the time there was not much bling...so I made my own. I used a zig writer to make dots and then covered them with Ranger glossy accents.


 This is a close up of my journaling.









And this is me today at 33. This is my monochromatic LO for the swirlydoos challenge. I used the March kit which had quite a few papers from the engraver line by Prima. I used Petaloo color me crazy flowers and sprayed them with TA mists and painted them with primary elements in dragonfly wing.


One of the twists was to use black gesso. I loved the Prima mask that came in the kit and was dying to use it. I used modeling paste on the mask for dimension and then covered with black gesso for the grit and distress.  I colored the roses with TA mists.


 I used some chipboard pieces from another swirlydoos kit and added them randomly before applying the gesso in order to mimic the paper behind. I added spots of glue and sprinkled seed beads all over the Lo.


The white stamp is Kaisercraft and the brown stamp over it is Prima. I did this multiple times around the LO. The dark gold with the iridescent look is the dragonfly primary elements. 

I thoroughly enjoyed this contrast in my last few years of scrapping. It's always fun to remember where you came from.  

TFL,
Andiepants

2 comments:

  1. YAH!!! Congratulations Andie!!! I'm so happy you are on the team!!!!!!!! You do amazing work.
    Happy Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Andie! Congratulations on the Education team! Thanks for the sweet comments on my blog too! Love your work! Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete