Saturday, November 17, 2012

Off the page

When  I took the class from Finn in June it was my first attempt at collage. I was not happy with my results but it was a first attempt. Once I was home I decided to give it another go, but this time on a canvas. Of course I scrapped my fave subject...my hubby.

 The barbed wire and bar code is Dusty Attic. The gears, bird and keys are from my Tim Holtz dies. There are random buttons and paraphernalia all over the place. I had a blast making this. All of the papers underneath are by Prima and the paint is Claudine Helmuth. The stamps are My Mind's Eye, and tattered Angels. There is tissue tap underneath the barbed wire chippy pieces and the journaling surrounds my hubby's outline. 



The metal piece is a piece of scrap my hubby brought home for me. He frequently supports my habit/addiction and I love it!!!


The acrylic label that says Battle the burn...yeah that was hanging from a bottle of hair product that I bought. I just love using all those little odds n ends. Everything has been sprayed with smooch in black, rubbed with gold rub n buff, and detailed in teal paint by Golden which has been discontinued. I really can't think of the name right now.




 I adore the way this TH bird turned out. I really loved making all the texture with my texture paste too. This whole thing was just yummy.


Someone recently posted that you need to step back and look at your work to get an idea. I really wish I had that advice before. The red piece of paper (under the paint) in the middle of the page detracts from the piece as a whole. I have learned, which is the most important part of creating art...growing and learning. I hope you also can take that advice for the golden nugget that it is. Thanks for looking.

Andiepants

No comments:

Post a Comment