Saturday, January 19, 2013

Ultimate design challenge week 1

So the challenge for week 1 was to make a 3D embellishment using 2 techniques involving mediums and use that on a project. Of course I went total Andiepants style with another steam-chic project!!



Last year at a boyscout training session, I won a wooden boat to take back and promote the camp to my pack. My boys decided a few days ago they no longer wanted said boat and I decided to keep the wood. 
When this project was introduced I had dreams of gluing the wood down and decorating but that's about as far as I went. Everything just kinda fell into place! I was walking through Joann's (working on another project, and saw the canvas was 50% off! I decided that's what I needed to support the weight of the wood I wanted to use.
After layers and layers of multimedium, gesso, paint, stamping...it all came together. I used the feathers as wings on the dress form...so it's like a fairy. I love the contrast of all the white and romantic against the grungy metal and crackle on the base of the dress form. 

Check out all the other gorgeous projects at Swirlydoos.com. The girls have pulled out all the stops. 

TFL
Andiepants

No comments:

Post a Comment