Saturday, April 2, 2011

Where I create

Tonight's blog is pictures of my scraproom. Ah yes...that coveted secluded corner of heaven that you can call yours and just yours alone. Cram packed with all of the wonderful goodies, sparklies, and scrappystuff that has been hoarded for years and years.
Mind you, this is still under construction but it has come far enough in the last year where I feel I can share with pride.  Unfortunately with the flash on the camera the color washed out and looses it's warm inviting feel. But please feel free to use your imaginations.
 I get most of my decorating stuff at Hobby Lobby when they are running a sale. Fabulous!!! I did the header over my window with my cricut. It says "inspire" It was my first attempt with the vinyl. Can anyone say youtube? The color on the walls is Pittsburgh Paint Canyon Blue. It's actually a very dark blue...not the robin's egg color that is showing up in these pictures.


This is a closeup of my clip-it-up. As I was designing this room I realized that my biggest problem was out of site, out of mind. So I use the clip it up for all of my miscellaneous items that I want to use but aren't likely to. I'm big into paint and sprays so I'm always reaching for those. But the little sticker and such and tend to forget about. 


 The sides of my desk are cut away cubbies. I love having items within easy reach.


 All of my printed photos are in the boxes. The tool bag is my most ingenious idea EVER! I keep this handy little thing packed with all the must have tools. See the white circle beside it? That is a lazy susan and the tote fits perfectly on it. Whenever I come in to scrap I grab the base and the tote and put them up on the corner of my desk. If I'm off to a crop...I never have to worry about the basics. They are always ready to go. Take my little lazy susan and voila! Everything within reach no matter where you are and with minimal use of your cropping space.


Behind my desk on the lower shelves of the cubes I have all of my publications, albums and my 2 bags of scrap paper so everything is in easy reach.


I took this picture to simply show the transition between the 2 sides of the room. On top of the little carts are my sprays and masks and little jars of some chochkys that wouldn't fit elsewhere. 


 This side looks bare, I know. I plan to do white corner shelves from the desk up to the ceiling. At that point I will have to find a new place for my dress form. This was one of those MUST HAVES. The two pieces of furniture that you see were sold super cheap to me by one of my GF's. They were a golden oak color and the top of desk was pretty beat up. I sanded, stained, and poly-urithained all three pieces. (the third piece holds my cricut.  Um...love my MAC and my large format printer.


I would love to say that I was thrifty and purchased this frame at Goodwill or something...but no. I was stupid and bought it at Joanne's during a sale. The corkboard is quilted and I made the buttons myself. Another piece of advice...double up the roll up cork. One roll was not enough to do a double layer over the entire thing and the pushpins don't have enough to grab onto through the quilt batting. I had enough to double in the center and they tend to hold nice there. Oh well...live and learn.



 Here is my cricut station. My desk faces this. The cabinets and cubes were custom hung by hubby. The cubes were purchased from Oriental Trading and are super flimsy. They were never meant to hang and would have fallen apart. Hubby has a giant metal ledge mounted to the wall in the back, and then a giant piece of re-rod that in the front and bolted to the two cabinets. The sides of the cubes are attached to the cabinet and each other. I hid the re-rod with a piece of discount trim from Home Depot. He keeps asking if the thing feels like it's going to fall and I just laugh. I could probably dance on top of the thing and it would hold me. It's going NO WHERE.


Just a perspective photo with the center of the room. LOVE my chandelier. Also made the corkboards on the front of the cabinets and mounted them with adhesive.



Inside the dresser are my inks...



punches, brads, and gypsy. I also keep all my cartridges in the second drawer and a bunch of computer supplies like DVD's, CD's, and my gypsy plugs and cords. 


If you are planning your own room I strongly recommend going online and saving pictures of what you like and don't like. Get ideas of what you want to do where. Thanks for looking. Happy scrapping!!

3 comments:

  1. Your scrap studio is absolutely beautiful. You done an excellent job designing it to be visually pleasing as well as functional. Totally love the chandelier! I have one with tons of prisms in my dining room - they are soooo pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mine came with gloves and for the life of me I couldn't figure out why. Were they for insulation so you didn't shock yourself.
    After they were all snagged up and a real pain in the butt my hubby informed me they were to keep prints off the crystals as you hung them on the chandelier! I laughed so hard. Not to mention I have giant hands and the gloves just didn't fit at all. LOL It was quite the experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG! This is a Fabulous and CLEAN space! If you were to see the messes I make when I create...LOL. I am looking at it right now. Thanks for the blog love...and just wait...there are always those Swirly Sisters that wait to the very end to post...and they usually do it up quite well. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete